Education, News & Events: Annual Conference
2023 AAHRPP Annual Conference
May 16 - 18, 2023
Hyatt Regency Baltimore Inner Harbor, Baltimore, MD
Miss seeing your colleagues? Don’t miss this 2023 IN PERSON and virtual learning experience! We have created an amazing agenda, and you are in store for an interactive, insightful, and innovative experience designed to inspire, refresh, renew, and revitalize your commitment to protecting research participants!
1) "Overview of Accreditation" has been revamped this year to include interactive, workshop-style sessions focused on the steps to achieving/maintaining AAHRPP accreditation. Join AAHRPP staff members and special guest presenters as they share the six steps to accreditation. Make sure to attend this fun and hands-on option, as these sessions will NOT be available online after the conference.
2) CAN (Collaborative AAHRPP Network) Conference – back by popular demand, the CAN Conference is exclusively for AAHRPP accredited organizations. It is an opportunity to collaborate, identify, and advance potential solutions, recommendations for best practices, and resources or tools that can be created and disseminated to the community to address the challenges and obstacles our community faces. Similar to the “unconference” model, this event will involve participant-driven large group sessions and discussions as well as working breakouts on hot topics affecting accredited organizations and beyond.
Day One of our Main Conference: Wednesday, May 17, 2023, is our Plenary Day! Want to learn about the ethics of using psychedelics in research? What about the promise and peril of one-stop shopping when it comes to biobanking and multi cancer detection? And we all want to avoid adverse effects of sharing information outside of the research environment on the rights and welfare of participants! All of these fascinating sessions will be livestreamed from Baltimore, and (new this year!) our in-person attendees will have the opportunity for in depth follow-up questions in three workshops that follow these sessions. Day one will start with the Welcome Session, and lunchtime will include “Friends of AAHRPP” Awards.
Day Two of our Main Conference: Thursday, May 18, 2023, is our Breakout Session Day! This is your chance to explore critical areas affecting us all. We have a wide variety of sessions designed to satisfy your inquisitive minds about hot topics. All breakout sessions will be presented in person in Baltimore, but there will be ONE highlighted session in each time slot that will be livestreamed for our virtual audience – virtual attendees will not have a choice of sessions.
Meet with our wonderful exhibitors/sponsors to discuss your needs on site and visit their virtual booths on the online Attendee Hub. In addition, Posters will be displayed in person and virtually on the Attendee Hub as well. And, this year, AAHRPP will award four “Distinguished Poster” authors with the opportunity to present their posters during the conference on Thursday, May 18, 2023. Make sure to vote for your favorite posters on Wednesday afternoon!
And don’t miss our social reception on Wednesday evening; join us for a drink on us with your colleagues while overlooking the beautiful Inner Harbor in downtown Baltimore! We hope you'll join us on May 16-18, 2023 at the Hyatt Regency Baltimore Inner Harbor in Baltimore, MD.
**Please note: Pre-Conference tracks will NOT be pre-recorded nor available on-demand. Breakout sessions will be pre-recorded but will not include the interactive Q&A sessions. Just a few of the many reasons to attend in person!
Click the button below to begin your registration!
Are YOU the Next "Distinguished Poster" Award Winner?
All accepted posters will be displayed at the Hyatt Regency Baltimore Inner Harbor in Baltimore, MD and uploaded to the online Attendee Hub for virtual viewing.
On Wednesday, May 17, 2023, conference attendees will have the opportunity to vote for their favorite poster* from each of the following categories:
- Hot Topics in HRPP Innovations
- Hot Topics in Research Ethics
- Integrating DEI into Your HRPP
- Nuts and Bolts of Meeting AAHRPP Standards
Each winning poster will receive a “Distinguished Poster" award, and each poster author(s) will have the opportunity to present their poster and will receive special recognition at the conference.
*Only in-person posters are eligible for the "Distinguished Poster" award.
CALLING ALL 2023 EXHIBITORS & SPONSORS!
We hope you’ll join us as an exhibitor/sponsor at the hybrid 2023 AAHRPP Annual Conference being held on May 16-18, 2023, at the Hyatt Regency Baltimore (Inner Harbor) in Baltimore, Maryland. This is your chance to get in front of HRPP decision makers, managers, researchers, academic institution officials, and other key players in the human research enterprise.
For exhibiting and sponsorship opportunities and requirements, please contact Lori Kravchick at email@example.com.
THANK YOU FOR ATTENDING IN 2022
The 2022 AAHRPP Annual Conference is over, but the Attendee Hub is still live for a whole year! Registered attendees, click the button below to view all of the recorded sessions, slide presentations, resource materials, virtual booths, and posters on the Attendee Hub. And don't forget to complete the session and general feedback surveys!