Tips for a Smooth Application Review
Despite their best efforts, many organizations make mistakes that end up delaying the review of their application for AAHRPP accreditation. The good news is that most of the errors are easy to fix—and even easier to prevent.
Be diligent about the details.
Often, it’s the little things that can temporarily derail an application. Make sure you:
- Provide current contact information, so you don’t miss emails from AAHRPP.
- Verify that the legal name of your organization is the same as that on file with AAHRPP.
- Answer all the questions. In Section B, for example, organizations often miss the last question on the second page: “List other organizations that are components of your Human Research Protection Program (HRPP) and indicate whether there are active research protocols being conducted at the site.”
- Supply all the requested documents. A common error, also in Section B, is to forget to include separate organization charts for the organization and for the HRPP.
Follow the formatting and submission requirements.
AAHRPP requests two different types of electronic documents required for your step 1 application:
- A Microsoft Excel spreadsheet of IRB roster.
- PDFs that are paginated, searchable, and bookmarked, such as Section A - D of your application. Bookmarking errors are most common in Section C, the Element-by-Element Index of supporting documents.
Take Advantage of the AAHRPP resources.
Our recently revamped website features extensive resources to help you get accredited. Check back frequently, since additional user-friendly changes will be coming soon.
Ask for help—at any stage of the process.
If your organization is committed to earning accreditation, we will work with you to achieve that goal. Questions? Contact us, and a member of our team will get back to you as soon as possible.